Weird horizontal lines and afterimages/burned in images on Acer Nitro VG270UPbmiipx

Options
Koziol1773
Koziol1773 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 23 in Monitors

I've had this monitor for less than two years, and sometimes it does this weird thing where out of nowhere those weird horizontal lines appear and they get worse and worse every moment until the screen is filled with black lines. In addition the image that has been on screen when that starts happening gets burned into and leaves some sort of afterimage.

When i thought it might be a cable or even windows issue, when i unplug the DMI cable the afterimage stays.

This time it happened while i was using Clip Studio Paint Pro ver. 1. It happens quite rarely, but when it does it keeps unnerving me.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options

Does it ever show up in the splash screen? When it's appearing, if you disconnect the video cable and open the on screen display menu, does it appear there? If the answer to both of those is no then the issue is more likely with your computer's video than with the monitor itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.