Temparature issues on Acer swift 3 SF-313-53. Temparature is rising upto 70-80 when using chrome

Hashib
Hashib Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 22 in Swift and Spin Series

Temparature is rising upto 70-80 when using chrome. When playing games from 2010 or even before temp always goes upto 94-95 and then I see cpu clock reducing to 400-500 mhz causing lag. I turned off turbo boost too and it didnt help. I can hear the fan running.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Your Swift 3 isn't really designed to be a gaming rig, so doesn't have the tweaks to help keep the temperatures down when running intensive apps like games. The SF313-53G would have been a better choice for an all use laptop with gaming support with it's NVIDIA GPU. Because it's not designed as a gaming rig, they don't publish the fan tables for it, but for more often than not the tables are set to run at 40-80C under normal use, and start throttling when the temps get over 93C. Chrome can be a CPU hog if you have a bunch of tabs open or active content, so you could easily see numbers in the 70s there. Try booting up cold and just letting the OS run to see what the stable temperatures are there. I tend to run in the upper 30s to low 50s on my Spin. I find mild gaming, such as Microsoft Leisure Games, pulls that up into the low 70s.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hashib
    Hashib Member Posts: 5 New User

on idle its normally 40-50, on any kind of use it goes up, cant even touch below monitor.goes 90+ even with games like hollow knight or anything really. I have ordered a thermal paste, after I cleanup I will see if the temp drops