Port forwarding not working, not working from home and says something wrong with the port 8766.

Wolfie89
Wolfie89 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 20 in Gadgets & Accessories

Hi!

I have the Predator Connect W6d.

I want to host a server for the game "Sons of the Forest", but are having problem with the ports.

I have my own computer acting as a server, installed with Windows. My friend helped me set it up, so I don't know all the details, but he got it to work from his house, but is not working from my house. He said it was something wrong with the port 8766.

All the reqiured ports are opened, but it still isn't possible to access the game outside the local network.

Thanks in advance!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,923 Guru
    edited June 20

Hello @Wolfie89,

Check with your ISP that your connection isn't under CGNAT or that there are restrictions with this particular port. Also check that your firewall isn't blocking access.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer

Likely the router doesn't know how to deal with accessing an internal device using an external address. Try using either the machine name of your internal server or your internal IP address rather than the external one.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.