XV273k & XB273k turn on @ 60hz,Power cycling allows them to go to 120hz on Nitro & predator monitors

Options
swordsx48
swordsx48 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 20 in Monitors

Hi all. I'm using the Acer Nitro & Predator monitors.

The XV273k I've had for a while now. If I turned off the computer and let the monitor sleep, when the computer would turn on again, it would be at 60hz, until the monitor was power cycled.

I solved it turning on at 60 by plugging it in to a power strip with my speakers and plugging that into a smart switch. Now I tell google home to turn on the "Desk" and the "Infinity" (my machine) and itll turn on the monitor, speakers, and the computer.

After that, its turned on at 120hz every time.

I just got the XB273k. I initially tried it directly in a power strip, but leaving it plugged and going to sleep caused the same issue as above. I thought oh I'll connect it to the same "Desk" strip. but for some reason, it won't turn on at 120hz - still 60hz. I don't understand why. The only reasoning could be that it's a secondary monitor that is powered on later, some time when the OS loads, instead of when the BIOS loads - but I don't understand why that would make a difference.

Definitely the cable and everything else supports it because after the power cycle, 120hz is an option an then I can select it.

Yeah just to clarify, it boots at 60hz with no option of 120, until I power cycle it, then 120 is available and I have to manually change it.

Any ideas would be great! Maybe I was able to provide someone the desk smart plug idea :)

Thanks and have a great day!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail on the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,378 Trailblazer
    Options

That sounds like something your GPU may be doing. When the monitor is sensed as disconnected it drops the frequency then doesn't renegotiate when the monitor comes back up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.