RE Chromebook315 Bluetooth Not Connecting As it Did for years

OnlyJo_8977
OnlyJo_8977 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 19 in Chromebooks

I have been using bluetooth on two headphones, one set of earbuds and a JBL speaker for years. As of last week only the two newest products work on bluetooth, the newer earbuds and the newer headphone.

The older JBL and the very much older Logitech headphone will connect for a second and then disconnect.

Have the new chromebook updates wrecked the backwards bluetooth compatibility of this acer? The old JBL and the old Logitech work fine on my newish Samsung S23 phone.

Is there some kind of patch from ACER that can fix this? I see nothing about this in the Chromebook forums. I can't be the only one experiencing this, eh? Or is it some weird hardware glitch? Not likely since it all worked fine a couple of weeks ago and the bluetooth still works fine with the two newer devices.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Acer doesn't provide any of the software for Chromebooks, that's all handled by Google. You might raise a ticket there, using the Bluetooth version for the affected devices, the version for the unaffected devices and the OS version. My guess is they dropped support for some feature in an old Bluetooth version, and your device rely on it being there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.