Acer KG272S monitor has been glitching out to the extent it's unusable.

Options
malayqingwaa
malayqingwaa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 16 in Monitors

Recently, my monitor has been glitching out to the extent it's unusable. A few months ago it started with a few glitched lines (which disappeared when I redirected my room fan to it, which is quite odd considering I monitored the temperatures a lot throughout that period of time and nothing was overheating). Worth noting that changing to any other resolution/refresh rates would cause extreme glitching. It was also glitch out on startup, which makes me believe it's a monitor issue.

Following this I changed the given HDMI 2.0 cable to a DP 1.2, and for a while up until yesterday, worked fine with no issues, except for a discolored line at the bottom, and the top part being weird, but still very hard to notice.

Woke up this morning, and all of a sudden my monitor turned much more glitchy than it did months ago, not only that it started consistently freezing on the bottom 2/3rds of the monitor. (see above)

Does anyone know the source of the problem? I used to think it was the monitor but now I'm not so sure. And if possible, is there a fix?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,338 Trailblazer
    Options

Does it ever show up in the splash screen that's displayed when you first turn the monitor on? How about if you disconnect the computer and use the on screen display menu?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.