AV15-53P-5222 Is there a way to get more details on the ports for a laptop?

Options
Tombeezy
Tombeezy Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited June 15 in Aspire Laptops

I'm looking at a laptop on sale on a website and for specs it says it has two usb type-c ports. Give no further details. I want to know if one of them is Power Delivery because I have a tendency to break the barrel chargers so I want a backup way to charge. I asked the live chat and they said I think you can charge it off one of the ports Lol. I need to know for sure. Anyway to find out?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,307 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Tombeezy If you tell me the exact model, I can try to consult the service manual.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Tombeezy
    Options

Ok thanks, here it is. Acer Aspire Vero - 15.6" FHD IPS Laptop - Intel Core i5-1335U - 1 TB SSD - 16 GB RAM - Windows 11 - Green - AV15-53P-5222

Item: 3069715Model: NX.KN5AA.002

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I leave you the screenshots of the Acer service manual for the series of that model and a charging port appears, it is to be hoped that the equipment for sale is faithful to these characteristics, but I cannot guarantee it, I only offer you the Acer information in their service manual which I can access:

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

• Tombeezy
    Options

Ok thank you, One more question, so you can't charge the laptop with either of these ports? It says the charger that comes with it is 65 watts. It doesn't say that either of the ports supports charging up to 65 watts.

• Alejandro_AC
    edited June 16
    Options

True, it has a limitation of 15 watts, I'm not sure if it refers to external devices or the power of the equipment itself, however, on this page it seems to say yes:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/laptops/aspire/aspire-vero/pdp/NX.KN5AA.001

Sorry, I cannot confirm the information you want to know.

Greetings.

• Tombeezy
    Options

Confusing lol, apparently thunderbolt for is good for charging up to 100 watts so I guess I will take the gamble and try it out. Can always return it I guess if it doesn't work.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Yes lol, and I'm sorry for not being able to be clear in your query and clear up your doubts, please tell me if you buy it that it can be loaded through that port, it will help future users, thank you.

All the best.

• Tombeezy
    Options

ok I bought the computer just came in the mail. Went to turn it on a black screen came up that says no bootable device. What do I do now? lol

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Go to BIOS and check if the disk appears.
    BIOS is usually accessed with F2.

Greetings.

• Tombeezy
    Options

Hello, I held the power button down and eventually the computer booted normally into windows. I have tested the ports and both usb-type c ports the thunderbolt and the normal one charge the laptop.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Thanks for the information.

All the best.