What can we consider too hot in a laptop?Acer SFG14-72-563N is between 50-80ªC when it is on.

Options
Elysium82
Elysium82 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited June 15 in Swift and Spin Series

My Acer Swift Go 14 2024 is between 50-80ªC when it is on. I understand that this is acceptable temperature, but the upper left-hand side part of the laptop gets fairly warm. I can keep my hand on it for a good 5-6 second, but it is rather hot.

Is this because of all the components in such a small place and the heat dispersion? I am just wondering if I should be concerned about the life span of my laptop.

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,307 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Elysium82 It may be due to the proximity of the processor in that area. Please tell me the exact model in case I can see the processor area in the service manual. The equipment must have a name similar to SFG14-73-9587.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Elysium82

Tinkerer

Options
  • Alejandro_AC
    Options

The processor is BGA type, that is, it is soldered to the board and is actually in the upper left area, the capture is a shot from below, that is, if you turn this shot around, the processor area that I have marked In yellow, it is in the upper left and is the area with the highest temperature generated by the processor.

It is important that you note that the hot air outlet works when the temperature reaches higher values, it is right on the upper grille where the two fans seen in the screenshot are located.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

• Elysium82

Tinkerer

Options
  • Alejandro_AC
    Options

You are welcome.

All the best.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,304 Trailblazer
    Options

Typically for a laptop they target the 50-80C range for normal use. You have more than one mode for your SFG14-72:

So as you can see, they don't even plan on turning the fan on until the CPU is over 48C and don't ramp up to full speed until it reached either 78C or 75C.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.