My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 seems to freeze before crashing & sometimes restarts with blue screen

Options
Aleda
Aleda Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 14 in Nitro Gaming

Whenever I open a somewhat intensive game or application while my computer is plugged into AC it seems to freeze before crashing, most times it simply turns off and restarts and on some occasions, it gives me a blue screen. Does anyone have any clues about anything that can be done to fix this?

I have a suspicion that it has to do with the CPU overheating due to the additional power, if anyone also just knows how to limit my CPU so that doesn't happen it would be greatly appreciated. 

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

DPC Watchdog is a bug checker for monitoring processes in the background and in the foreground. The DPC_Watchdog_Violation error occurs when the bug checker must wait for more than 100 microseconds without receiving a response from the deferred procedure call (DPC), causing the BSOD error and computer shutdown. The error can be caused by an incompatible drive or device, so you can try removing any external devices (minus the mouse and keyboard). There are also other fixes you can try, such as updating all device drivers, checking hardware and software compatibility, performing a disk check, and running Event Viewer. Here is how to fix this BSOD error that you are getting "Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error in Windows 11". Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers