Acer Switch 10v wont turn on. The model is a SW5-014P

Options
teddy89
teddy89 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 12 in Switch Series

Hi my Acer 10v will not switch on whenever I switch it off?

The only way I can get it on is pop the back off, unplug the battery then plug it back in and it will power on.

When it is on the power button works every time (to lock the screen for example) and the volume/ power buttons work

Because The buttons work could this be software/ driver issue? The model is a SW5-014P

It was second hand about 1 year ago and has worked fine until recently. Any help greatly appreciated!!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,307 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @teddy89 I think it may be the battery but I can't be sure, a technical service would have to confirm it and replace it if that is the problem.
    If you disconnect the battery, does the unit turn on without it when you connect the power supply?

Regards.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• teddy89
    Options

Good question I am not sure will have to try that, I didn't suspect the battery as it charges fine and holds charge well. Even if I cannot turn it on plug the charger in the power button light is orange

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

It may be a short in the battery (I can't be sure), this doesn't prevent it from charging but it can affect its power supply capacity, but it could also be the internal device in charge of power supply, wait for more answers or go to a technical service, they have the appropriate means to investigate this problem.

Regards.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,304 Trailblazer
    Options

There are a fair amount of things that can go wrong with a battery that still allows it to charge… Your SW5-014P is something like eight or nine years old, so the battery, if original, is definitely due for replacement.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teddy89
    Options

Got round to checking it, I left the battery unplugged then plugged the charger in and it still doesn't turn on so I would guess there is something a bit more serious that a battery issue

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

It is not possible to know, some devices have the battery connected in series to the power circuit (not in parallel), if the battery is in series, when you disconnect it, it will not turn on with the power charger, but I do not know if this is the case, do it check by a technical service.

All the best.