Helios PH18-72 System start and Animation. I want to switch off the animation

Options
Axel27
Axel27 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited July 2 in Predator Laptops

I want to switch off the animation (Keyboard lightning and sound). When i switch it off in the PredatorSense Software it will still be there. How can i switch it off or change the effects to a more business like start of the laptop?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,711 Trailblazer
    edited June 10
    Options

Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Please post a screenshot of right pane. Also do you have the latest Predator Sense installed from this link?

Jack E/NJ

• Axel27
    Options

I have checked the version in the predator sense software. Its version 5.0.1341.

• JackE
    Options

> >How can i switch it off or change the effects to a more business like start> >

I have the same problem with an earlier helios model. The BIOS startup light show can neither be turned off nor toned down with the latest BIOS firmware or Predator Sense app. Many users have already requested updates to address this issue. So like the rest of us users, you'll just have to keep checking the Acer update downloads for this model since we have no way of knowing when or even if these updates will appear. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Axel27
    Options

I downloaded the Predator Sense Software and reinstalled it. But the problem is still there.

• JackE
    Options

Yes, that's why I suggested that you'll just have to periodically check the Acer downloads site for new PredatorSense and BIOS updates like the rest of us Acer users. We're not Acer employees or Acer service representatives on these forums. So we have no other way of knowing when or even if these updates will eventually appear on the downloads site except by checking every so often . Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Axel27
    Options

i got an answer from the support. The keyboard lightning can not switchend off. The animation is the predator logo on the screen. =⇒ The blinking keyboard cannot switchend off :(

• JackE
    Options

Check for updates anyway.

Jack E/NJ