Predator Helios 16 [PH16-71], Adding More RGB Effects in PredatorSense For Per-Key RGB Keyboard

Options
Nevil__1004
Nevil__1004 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 10 in Predator Laptops

So, recently, I bought the Predator Helios 16 with an i7-13700HX and RTX 4060 [PH16-71-70L4]. Great performance! This Predator comes with a per-key RGB backlit keyboard. A per-key RGB keyboard is highly customizable, but PredatorSense has only one effect, Wave, which shows random colors at a time.

Recently, I saw my friend's new Predator Helios 16 [PH16-72] with an i9-14900HX and RTX 4070. The appeal of the laptop was great; it had the same per-key RGB keyboard, but the effects available were so great! Among which is music sync, and there is also an auto color available for all effects. Acer provided great RGB effects for the new generation of the Helios [PH16-72], but they didn't bring these features to the PH16-71 model. On top of all that, the latest update of PredatorSense for this PH16-71 model has removed the Spot and Star effects.

And also, I've tried using OpenRGB, which unlocks the full potential of the per-key RGB features, but the effects are so laggy, and I couldn't make them work smoothly. Therefore, I would like to ask, when will Acer provide us with new effects like this for the new Predator 2024?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

As mentioned earlier, this'll probably depend on a future BIOS update. So keep checking the PH16-71 downloads like the rest of us. Don't hold your breath though. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

As mentioned earlier, this'll probably depend on a future BIOS update. So keep checking the PH16-71 downloads like the rest of us. Don't hold your breath though. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• MagicMan04
    MagicMan04 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

they are never going to bring new effects I guess

• JackE
    Options

Never say never. Like the rest of us, you just have to keep checking downloads every week or so for updates.

Jack E/NJ