Acer Predator PH315-53 RGB Keyboard Colors randomly glitching

Options
Alan35
Alan35 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 17 in Predator Laptops

My acer predator keyboard is acting weird. my zone 2 light have a deep blue instead of normal blue but that what fine and now this, zone 1 randomly getting greenish, I couldn't find any information about this issue online.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options

Check if Predator Sense app keyboard color settings have been set to randomized. What model do you have? For example, PHN16-72?

Jack E/NJ

• Alan35
    Options

Hi, Jack Thanks for replying to this issue. I am using PH315-53 It's a 2 year old machine. I mainly switch between Ubuntu & Windows (Dual Boot). I have many times reset the Predator Sense (Reinstalling). However, the issue persist, I forced predator sense to set the color to all 'white' it shows the actual offset of damage (zone 1 - green , zone 2 - light blue, zone 3 - white, zone 4 - white). While some colors work with the damaged zones but with a tint or offset. Even if I am in Ubuntu, it should show the default 'blue' but the issue is still there.

• JackE
    Options

> > I am using PH315-53 It's a 2 year old machine. > >I have many times reset the Predator Sense (Reinstalling). However, the issue persist,> >

Has this issue always existed since you acquired the machine 2 years ago?

Jack E/NJ

• Alan35
    Options

Nope, it just started like 2 months ago, my zone 2 rgb became deep blue and now, few days gone my zone 1 became greenish. It was randomly switching but now it seems it's just stuck with green now lol. weird.

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 96 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Looks like a "hardware" problem to me , did you dropped liquid on that zone ? =)))
    It could also be that some "connecters" (keyboard or whatever is under there) are not well connected .

• JackE
    Options

> >Nope, it just started like 2 months ago,> >

Likely need to reseat the KB ribbon/cable connectors to the mainboard a half-dozen or so times to help clean their contacts. Unpredictable or intermittent behavior like this is almost always associated with seasonal changes to higher humidities. Unfortunately, it must be opened up in order to access the connectors which can be a frustrating chore on this model if you've never done it. If it was mine, I'd probably ask a local laptop repair shop to take care of it. Probably charge about an hour for labor.

Jack E/NJ