Why do I have issues with feedback whenever my mic is on and how do I fix it? Aspire A515-51G

Options
Ra3_41
Ra3_41 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 4 in Aspire Laptops

Hi!

Recently, out of nowhere, I've been having issues with my laptop: The microphone started to catch one every single noise surrounding it and reverberating them. I tried desactivating the advanced settings, looking for updates, restarted it but nothing works. I ended up closing the access of the microphone to every app and the feedback stopped. However, today, I had a Zoom meeting and when I activated the microphone, the feedback started again.

Even when I use my headphones to be able to direct the sound to them, I hear the feedback when I type, when I talk and even when I slightly touch my laptop.

What can I do? I genuinely don't know how to fix the problem without closing the access to the microphone completly. I would genuinely appreciate if someone was to tell me if they've experienced the same issue and know how to fix it.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options

@Ra3_41
    Make sure that the "listen to this device" tick box is unchecked.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Ra3_41
    Options

Hi @AnhEZ28,

Thank you for your help! But could you help/guide me through so that I'm able to find those windows in my laptop please? Because I can't seem to find them in my settings, at least they don't look like the images you sent.

• Ra3_41
    Options

Here's what I saw when I found the windows similar to the ones you sent. It doesn't seem like I have the options listen, levels or advanced within the properties of the microphone @AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options

@Ra3_41 can you show me the screenshot?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!