Limiting CPU Temperature on Acer Nitro 16 AN16-41. is there built-in feature to limit the CPU Temp

Options
AlexGi
AlexGi Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 1 in Nitro Gaming

Hello!

I am concerned about the CPU temperature on my Acer Nitro 16 AN16-41 (NH.QKBEU.004) laptop. I would like to know if there is a built-in feature to limit the CPU temperature so that it does not exceed 80 degrees Celsius. For example, when I am gaming or running intensive applications, I want to ensure the CPU temperature stays below this threshold to maintain performance and prolong the laptop's lifespan.

Is this functionality available on my laptop? If so, could you please guide me on how to enable it?

Thank you for your assistance!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,300 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

You don't need to be concerned with 80°C temperatures, it's a powerful CPU and when it works normally it's supposed to emit higher temperatures, it can withstand temperatures up to 100°C, however, open Power Options and try Balanced plan, it will reduce the temperatures a little, you can also run Acer Nitro App and look for Cooler boost feature, if it's available, turn it on.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/laptop/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-7-7840hs.html

• AlexGi
    AlexGi Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

@brummyfan2

Thank you for your response and recommendations.

I understand that this is a fairly powerful CPU and that 100 degrees Celsius is the maximum allowable temperature. However, I would still like to limit the CPU temperature on my Acer Nitro 16 AN16-41 (NH.QKBEU.004) laptop so that it never exceeds 80-85 degrees Celsius. I have heard that using software like Ryzen Controller can help set a maximum operating temperature. While this may affect the maximum CPU frequency, but it is not particularly important to me. This way, the cooling system will operate more quietly, and the CPU will not constantly run at critically high temperatures, which negatively impacts the CPU die. Additionally, this would help prevent overheating issues (e.g., in case of a clogged cooling system).

Does Ryzen Controller work with my laptop? If not, are there other built-in features or recommended software to achieve such temperature control?

Thank you for your help

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,300 Trailblazer
    Options

I have no experience with AMD CPUs, so I would suggest you wait for replies from other members those who are familiar with AMD processors, sorry for not being helpful.

• atayeet
    atayeet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

You can disable Turbo Boost. Check out this video;

You can switch it to Aggresive to Enabled. However you will be still seeing 80-83 degrees but even decreasing to 79 degrees.