Issue with keyboard RGB effects,Predator Helios neo 16. RGB effects on my laptop are not working

Rivindu_Kowlinda
Rivindu_Kowlinda Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 20 in Predator Laptops

The RGB effects on my laptop are not working. The global settings in the lighting controls are not working; it doesn't allow you to click any functions. But right after any Windows update, it works, but in the next restart, it won't work. Is there any solution for this? btw My laptop is an Acer Predator Helios Neo 16.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• twiddybird
    twiddybird Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter

I have the same problem. when windows updated, my rgb keyboard has stoped working. and has not worked sence then. no matter what I do or change. they will not work.

• twiddybird

I just did a windows update and my keyboards rgb came back to life. these are the windows updates that took place.

2024-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5039212)

2024-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 (KB5037591)

2024-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5037771)

2023-11 Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

try it and see if this works for you. I all so had a bunch of driver up dates too. you can let me know if you need them as well.

• sooaresallan
    sooaresallan Member Posts: 4 New User

Where do I find these updates? , I have the same problem

• twiddybird

This is a very very long story. I'm under warranty and went thru a few stages of ACER's steps. it bowels down to. a ACER trouble shoter got in touch with me and sent me a flash drive that was the org laptop setup. just like it was when it was new. after a wiped ssd and an install, every thing went just like NEW. then it did the windows update. well the RGB keyboard did not wrk again. then it did another update and they did. this is what I have installed now.

Windows 11 Home

version 23H2

Install Date 6/7/24

OS Build 22631.3737

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1009.0

And now they are back to working.

let me know If can help more.