Can I use 32 gb RAM in my Aspire 5? Upgrade Or buy new Laptop?

James2k
James2k Member Posts: 13 New User
edited May 25 in Aspire Laptops

Acer Aspire 5 Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8265U

Model- A515-52G-580Q

Supports max 32 gb I think. If I use maximum will it damage my motherboard or not? How much Ram you suggest for Video Editing or Animation Related works in this model? I have 1 hynix 8 gb RAM 2400 mhz.

https://amzn.in/d/bqy7muE

☝️ Is this Ram best for me or anything else? Also suggest Upgrade or buy new in 2024 - Which is a good dicition for now.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,741 Trailblazer

No problem installing 2x16GB-2666MHz modules, many users are running that in this laptop model.
    I recommend Crucial RAM: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/nitro-5-an515-52

I recommend you buy a kit with 2 identical modules that will run in Dual Channel mode at 2667MHz.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,399 Trailblazer

These are the memory specs of the Aspire A515-52G laptop as its last listed in its Acer service guide revised on 2019/08/21, which is the last service guide of this laptop from Acer.

If you want to upgrade to the max 32GB ram into this laptop with 2x 16GB ram modules in this laptop 2x slots, use the highlighted ram below as Acer has tested this laptop with all the ram modules below and they are Acer approver compatible for the Aspire A515-52G laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• James2k

But as per Google my processor can Handle 2666 mhz max ram. Is that true?

• James2k

2666 mhz suitable for my model? R u sure? Many of this forum recommend 2400 mhz. Is 2666 mhz 32 gb (16X2) DDR4 RAM will damage my system or not?

• StevenGen

The 8th Gen Intel I7-8565U/I5-8265U and the I3-8145U CPUs fitted to the A515-52G laptop are specified by Intel as follows for their ram, Memory Types DDR4-2400, LPDDR3-2133 but the above Acer table are ram modules that Acer has tested the A515-52G with and they work and DDR4-3200MHz and 2666MHz work as above and with the specified capacities. Best is to use the same speed ram that was originally fitted by Acer into your laptop for the 32GB capacity.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen

The above table is all the ram that in the A515-52G Acer service guide is tested on your laptop and they quote the following.

Test Compatible Components
    This computer’s compatibility is tested and verified by Acer’s internal testing department. All of its system functions are tested under Windows® 10 environment.

Refer to the following lists for components, adapter cards, and peripherals which have passed these tests. Regarding configuration, combination and test procedures, please refer to the Aspire A515-52/A515-52G Compatibility Test Report released by the Acer Mobile System Testing Department.

Microsoft® Windows® 10 Environment Test
    Aspire A515-52/A515-52G