tc-780-acki5 Installed RX 6650 XT No Bios Beep but getting HDMI power to monitor with acer screen.

MannyMantis0000
MannyMantis0000 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Trying to install RX 6650 XT and Computer wont boot up. Monitor is on (HDMI) and it just stays on the Acer window. Reinstalled my GTX 1050 and it works. Not sure of the problem. Any help?

Current Specs:

• 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7400 Processor (Up to 3.5GHz)
  • 32GB DDR4 2400MHz
  • 1TB M.2 SATA3 SDD
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 650W PSU

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer

What is the Acer desktop model that you are trying to install the RX 6650 XT gpu into, is it a Predator or a Nitro or an Aspire, as with a 650W PSU there should not be any issues with power unless you haven’t connected the 8pin power to the gpu but you could have other issues. The AMD Radeon™ RX 6650 XT is a desktop graphics card that requires certain system specifications to function properly. It’s designed to work with a PCI-Express 4.0 x8 interface and requires a minimum power supply unit (PSU) recommendation of 500 W, along with an additional 8-pin power connector.

If the RX 6650 XT is not working on your 7th generation Intel desktop, there could be several reasons:

1. PCI-Express Compatibility: The RX 6650 XT uses a PCI-Express 4.0 interface, and while it is backward compatible with PCI-Express 3.0, which is what most 7th gen Intel motherboards support, there might be some performance limitations or compatibility issues.
    2. Power Supply: Ensure that your PSU is at least 500 W and that you have connected the 8-pin power connector properly to the graphics card.
    3. BIOS Settings: Sometimes, the BIOS settings need to be adjusted to recognize a new graphics card. Make sure the BIOS is set to use the PCIe slot for the primary display output.
    4. Driver Support: Check if you have the latest drivers installed for the RX 6650 XT. Outdated or incorrect drivers can prevent the card from working correctly.
    5. Motherboard Firmware: The motherboard’s firmware may need an update to support the latest hardware. Check the manufacturer’s website for any BIOS updates.
    6. Hardware Fault: There could be a fault with the graphics card or the motherboard’s PCIe slot. Try the card in a different computer or a different card in the same slot to diagnose the issue.

If you’ve checked these factors and the card still doesn’t work, it might be best to consult with the support team of the graphics card manufacturer or a professional technician for further assistance. Remember to handle all components with care and follow anti-static procedures when working inside your computer. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• MannyMantis0000

Tinkerer

edited May 24

It's an acer tc-780-acki5.

I just reset CMOS and still the same thing. No bios beep and the monitor lands on Acer screen where it tells you how to get to Bios but just stays that way. As I mentions the old GPU works fine (gtx 1050). The PS is 650Watts so good their.

• StevenGen
    edited May 24

Does your TC-780 24pin upgraded 650W PSU have the 8pin auxiliary power plug to the gpu? As the RX6600 XT requires that power plug to function and if it hasn't got that power then the card will not work. Remember that the GTX1050 gpu doesn't need extra PSU power. and if the GTX1050 works then the bios is set to work with an external gpu in the TC-780 PCIe x16 Slot. The only thing that I can narrow it down to is that the RX6600 XT doesn't get enough power and it can't function as you haven't plugged an 8pin auxiliary power into the gpu.

This is the PSU auxiliary 8pin power plug that you need for the RX66000 XT gpu

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• MannyMantis0000

Tinkerer

edited May 24

Yep have the 8 pin plugged in. The PSU is 650W and new. I am thinking I just got a bad GPU. Also the fans on the GPU are spinning.

• StevenGen

Yes, it seems like the RX6600XT is faulty, send it back and get a NVidia RTX 3060 gpu as in comparison the RTX3060 is a much better gpu, see the comparison between RX6600XT and the RTX3060 but its your choice. Good luck.