My Nitro 5 (AN515-46) keeping shutting down when im playing

Options
evandrocaminha
evandrocaminha Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I've exhausted numerous troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve this issue, including updating drivers (BIOS, Graphics Drivers, and AMD Software) and restoring my Windows system. However, the problem persists specifically during gaming sessions, but it's inconsistent—some games run smoothly without any issues, such as Resident Evil 4 Remake and The Last of Us, while others like Metro Last Light and Dragon's Dogma, which are older and less resource-intensive, consistently cause my notebook to shut down after around 15 minutes of gameplay.

During these shutdowns, I've attempted to restart the laptop by pressing the power button, but it only responds after the second or third attempt. I'm at a loss for what else to try. While I initially suspected overheating, as evidenced by the smooth performance of heavy-duty games like The Last of Us, this hypothesis doesn't hold up when considering the shutdowns during less demanding titles (the temperature of GPU stay between 65-80, and CPU 75-90)

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,351 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @evandrocaminha It could be a driver conflict problem with the games, try performing a system repair:

-Open Terminal (administrator)
    -Type or copy and paste the following commands, one by one:

• sfc /scannow

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /startComponentCleanup

Restart the computer and see if it solves the problem.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Farinskovich
    Farinskovich Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having the same problems with my notebook, I was advised to take it to technical assistance by Acer support.

In some games, the GPU Hotspot heats up to the point where the notebook turns off, but the CPU and GPU report an ok temperature, the shutdown occurs due to the GPU Hotspot (It is possible to check through HWmonitor) the NitroSense doesn't report this sensor.

It's not in all games, I had problems with Valheim and Hellblade, some other lighter ones don't get hot enough to turn off.