Acer Nitro V15 monitor freaks out when I change my resolution

AhmadFaroun
AhmadFaroun Member Posts: 2 New User

Before buying this laptop I was using a desktop PC and I was used to playing on 4:3 aspect ratio a stretched resolution, I tried changing the aspect ratio on the laptop and after a straight 6 hours of figuring out how to remove the black bars the laptop screen starts to flicker in white and gray.

It runs perfectly well on the native 1920x1080 but anything other than that with a fullscreen (without black bars) pisses off the laptop for some reason.

Any idea how I can fix this problem? I'm down to try anything possible.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer

Might help if you could reveal the laptop brand & model number. Its video output port might be limited as to the possible combinations of resolutions, aspect ratios & frame rates it can handle relative to the desktop's video output port.

Jack E/NJ

• AhmadFaroun
    AhmadFaroun Member Posts: 2 New User

Model number is ANV15-51-73B9, also I'm talking about the laptop screen not a connected monitor by a port or cable or anything of sort.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    edited May 16

Sorry, specs for that model's internal IPS high refresh rate screens suggests 16:9 aspect ratio only. Other ratios may or may not display correctly or fill the screen. Accordingly, other 16:9 resolutions such as 1280 x 780 should display correctly. You could try lower refresh rates. But an external monitor would likely have to be used for other ratios.

Jack E/NJ