I am unable to find a bios update for ax3475-ef328

rzee
rzee Member Posts: 22 Networker

I am unable to find a bios updtae for this 2012 desktop. The support page says it can't find my snid nor my serial number. For security, I don't want to download the bios from a third party, I'd rather get it from Acer but it is not accepting my snid nor serial. When I enter the model number it take me to the Acer answer page.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    edited May 13

The Acer Aspire X3475 desktop was first released on the 04-25-2012 and all support for this desktop is discontinued by Acer, the only way that you can get any bios files is to contact Acer Tech Support in your country and see if they have a copy of these bios files or if they will update the bios for you as a job, the only other way is to get the bios files from a 3rd party source but in this case, you need to be very careful if the 3rd party bios files are legit and will not brick your desktop. Good luck.

Just for your information and assistance, the Aspire X3475 desktop service guide is easily available online and below is a copy of it, so study it and see all the spec info on this desktop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

In pretty much all cases, there is no need for a BIOS update after the first year or so. What makes you think you need one?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rzee
    rzee Member Posts: 22 Networker

I want to setup home assistant on it but I need UEFI for that to work. This system's BIOS has never been updated, so any update should have support for UEFI.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

They didn't start adding UEFI to the BIOS until the release of Windows 8 or slightly earlier. Typically those motherboards had a larger CMOS chip to support the BIOS size needed for UEFI. Older motherboard can't support UEFI. Now, having said that and looking at the SG for your X3475, it looks like they did ship the latest version of those with Windows 8 as an option, so the BIOS should support it. What version of the BIOS is installed? Is it a P01 or P11 version? You can';t switch from P01 to P11 do to the CMOS size issue. The P11 should already have UEFI in it as an option.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.