Acer Swift Go 14 I5-13500h version (SFG14-71) ssd speed problem

Options
Priyanshu27
Priyanshu27 Member Posts: 3 New User

i got a new acer swift go 14 with a nvme kingston 512gb ssd its speed are lesser than the speed shown in the reviews of the tech youtubers which is 5k+read and around 3.9K write but i only got around 3.5k read and 2.1k write

and the ssd shown by the youtubers is also different from mine theres is wd one mine looks like a gen 3 max but theres a gen4 what should i do

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,973 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Likely the Youtube reviewer had a different drive than you do. Acer used drives from Micron, WD & Kingston. Although they are all supposed to be 4.0, speeds are often different from different manufacturers. Spec says 16Gb/sec, which translates to 1600MB/s and you seem to be doing better than that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Priyanshu27
    Answer ✓
    Options

But why didn't I got the better version?if I paid the same price .They should use the same SSD in all the laptops why different experience in same laptop version

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Likely the Youtube reviewer had a different drive than you do. Acer used drives from Micron, WD & Kingston. Although they are all supposed to be 4.0, speeds are often different from different manufacturers. Spec says 16Gb/sec, which translates to 1600MB/s and you seem to be doing better than that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Priyanshu27
    Answer ✓
    Options

But why didn't I got the better version?if I paid the same price .They should use the same SSD in all the laptops why different experience in same laptop version

• Priyanshu27
    Options

Not only this even the random access speeds they are getting as double than mine

• billsey
    Options

Acer typically sources drives from several manufacturers, in order to make sure the supply isn't gated by a single one. They write their specs based on the slowest of those drives, so they will meet spec on all shipping SKUs. Yours seems to meet spec, but not exceed it by as much as the one the reviewer had. If you, for some reason, need the extra throughput (and very few uses do), then you need to replace the stock drive with a faster one.