Acer Aspire 5 514-54G IRST Driver doesn't work when I install Windows

Options
DaWee97
DaWee97 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 9 in Acer Software

Hi everyone.

I got a problem while I was installing windows 10 to my Acer Aspire 5 514-54G notebook (11th gen CPU).

Installer doesn't find the partitions, and I read some instructions on website that I should add the IRST driver manually, I downloaded(from Acer officially website) and added it but doesn't work and it still doesn't see them.

Do you have any idea?

I would like to get solve my problem.

Many thanks, David.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited May 8 Answer ✓
    Options

The Aspire A514-54G laptop should only have Win-11 OS installed on it as Acer does not have Win-10 specific drivers and you could get into problems installing Win-10 like with the IRST Intel driver that is made for Win-11. Do a Win-11 installation USB with Rufus 4.4 and put an unzipped IRST A515-54G version 18.6.1.1016 onto the USB and when you get to the Win-11 OS section at "Where do you want to install Windows?> Load driver" then you install the IRST Version 18.6.1.1016 driver with the installation of Win-11, as the IRST should install perfectly and your M.2 SSD boot drive should be visible so that you can install the Win-11 OS onto your laptop. That is how you install the IRSR driver as this driver works for every Intel laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,170 Trailblazer
    edited May 8
    Options

Hi,

Could you please tell us whether you have followed this method:

1. Downloaded from Acer driver support site.
    2. Extracted the .zip folder and saved it in the Desktop.
    3. Started installing Windows 10, when it asks you "where do you want to install Windows" clicked load driver at the left bottom.
    4. Browse to Desktop where you have saved the extracted folder.
    5. Continued installing Windows 10.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited May 8 Answer ✓
    Options

The Aspire A514-54G laptop should only have Win-11 OS installed on it as Acer does not have Win-10 specific drivers and you could get into problems installing Win-10 like with the IRST Intel driver that is made for Win-11. Do a Win-11 installation USB with Rufus 4.4 and put an unzipped IRST A515-54G version 18.6.1.1016 onto the USB and when you get to the Win-11 OS section at "Where do you want to install Windows?> Load driver" then you install the IRST Version 18.6.1.1016 driver with the installation of Win-11, as the IRST should install perfectly and your M.2 SSD boot drive should be visible so that you can install the Win-11 OS onto your laptop. That is how you install the IRSR driver as this driver works for every Intel laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• DaWee97
    DaWee97 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

You were right, IRST Driver was listed under Windows 10 section on the website but it doesn't support, it works with Windows 11, thank you very very much! 🙂🙂😁👍

David