Acer nitro 5 AN515-57 not enough power supply, laptop shuts down while playing GTA V

Options
Ken000
Ken000 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited May 6 in Nitro Gaming

acer nitro 5 AN515-57

i5 11400H

RTX 3050

AC ADAPTER 19.5V 9.23A 180W

My laptop shut down while I'm playing GTA V, it won't turn on and no sign of charging. I brought my laptop to a technician and replaced three shorted capacitors. After I brought back my laptop and tried to play GTA V, the battery charging indicator went off and on, and the fps was so low that I couldn't even walk in the game. I tried to boot in the AC charger and remove the battery, but the problem didn't resolve. I took it back to the technician, and he suspected that I had a faulty battery. He tested the charger and read 18.9V.

I took my laptop to another technician, who said that all the hardware was okay. He recommended reprogramming. I reset the laptop, did a clean installation of Windows 11, and updated the BIOS and drivers; after that, the issue didn't resolve, even at lowest settings possible the fps always jump to 7

GTA V is at high performance (rtx 3050) but feels like it is under integrated graphics.

Upon checking in driver easy, there's 3 drivers with unplugged devices:
Intel (R) management and security application local management 
Intel (R) optane (TM) pinning shell extensions
Realtek audio

What seems to be my laptop problem?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers