Acer nitro 16 (AN16-41) laptop re-starting when plugged in at full charge

Options
Bsgla
Bsgla Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited May 6 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I have an Acer nitro 16 laptop (AN16-41) bought at the start of this year. I am having an issue where my laptop re-starts for no reason. The problem only seems to happen when the laptop is plugged in at full charge. If I notice the laptop is fully charged and remove the charger at that point I do not get the same issue. At first it seemed to happen mainly when playing games but now it has occurred when simply watching a tv show.

If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

Uncheck automatic restart on system failure: https://windowsloop.com/disable-automatic-restart-on-system-failure-windows-11/ As this is a new laptop you should bring it to Acer Services in your country to find the cause of that system failure, it may be just a Power Plan or BIOS setting, disable all Startup apps in Task Manager and see if that fixes it. 😉

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Bsgla as you have been told, the best thing in these cases is to exercise the equipment warranty, but how do you have the power configuration?
    If you have it at maximum performance, try putting it on economizer or balanced and check if it restarts when it is fully charged.
    It is rare because restarts are usually caused by faulty memories and when there is a temperature problem, as may be the case when charging the battery, the computer turns off and does not restart.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)