Boot drive of A715-75G-71ZS, have no charging lights, no screen, no fans that work.

Options
JonaDobbel
JonaDobbel Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited May 5 in Aspire Laptops

Hey

My Acer A715-75G-71ZS just crashed tonight. I have no charging lights, no screen, no fans that work… My charger still works, and I've already tried to unplug the battery…

2 questions:

1. Anyone experience in with this issue and knows a solution?
  2. Is my SSD-storage also my boot drive? So, if I put my SSD into a new laptop, will it boot with my old files, preferences…?

Thanks a lot

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

The boot drive is a M.2 Gen3 512 GB SSD, there is only 1 M.2 PCIe slot.

Try this: There is a small pinhole at the back of the laptop (see picture below). Stick a pin in that hole till you feel it click and hold it down for a few seconds, this will reset the battery.

If still no booting possible, try this:
    Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the round CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black at the right side of the battery, see picture) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- terminals inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat the RAM module(s) and firmly secure it back in the slot(s) Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.