Acer Nitro 5, AN515-58 will not turn on

Options
newnerd621
newnerd621 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 5 in Nitro Gaming

Howdy!

I have an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-58, and it will not turn on. It was working great, but I wanted to add more storage. I popped it open, disconnected the battery, and inserted the SSD in the second NVMe slot, reconnected the battery, put the cover back on, and it would not turn on. I opened it up again, removed the new storage, put it back together, and it still won't turn on. There is zero response to the power button, plugging in the AC adapter also does nothing. No lights, no sounds, nothing. What could I be missing?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello! Disconnect the lithium battery and press the power button for one minute. Then, reconnect the battery and turn on the computer.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • newnerd621
    newnerd621 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thank you for the suggestion, but it did not work. :(

Still no reaction to the power button, no activity at all, not even a light when I plug in the AC adapter.

• priyaanshu08
    priyaanshu08 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

tell me clearly by what method did u removed back cover i mean by hands or any metal? if yes then u surely messed up with battery plugings like it is recommended to not to open by hands or by any metals only use plastic objects like cards bcz by hands or by any metal You will not even know and it will be a short circuit, a very small short circuit. and in this case warrenty voids