How to downgrade bios on my acer aspire 7 A715-51G model laptop.

Options
fardin
fardin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 4 in Aspire Laptops

I have acer aspire 7 A715-51G model laptop. Recently , updated bios from 1.52 to 1.54 version . But facing some problems on latest bios. So , I wanna downgrade my bios from 1.54 to 1.52. How to do it ?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

You can't, Windows security won't allow that for a very good reason. Don't try to flash BIOS (if you can find the file format) but bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reprogram the ePROM for a small service fee,

• fardin
    edited May 4
    Options

@PurawHere, showing the bios file is not allowed to flash. So, my device performance is so dumb after updating BIOS. I cannot play CS2 games properly. Laggy and when minimize games and open an another app on the background the system is too too slow like i have HDD :) . So that's why i wanna downgrade but…..

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    edited May 4
    Options

Upgrade RAM, you can install 2x8 (16GB) or 2x16GB-3200MHz up to 32GB that will also increase VRAM and drastically improve performance.

Uninstall some of the 3rd-party browsers and AV programs you have installed and get rid of all the bloatware.
    What kind of M.2 SSD do you have if this a 128GB SATA SSD, change to a faster NVMe SSD.

• fardin
    Options

@Puraw my laptop requirements
    Intel i5 1240P
    16 GB ram
    512 NVMe SSD
    RTX 3050 4gb DDR6

Now say, what can i do now… I think this is so much affordable laptop in now generation but still laggy. I tried Manufacturer GPU driver but still laagy and showing this driver outdated so i downloaded from nvidia site. Then got better performance but still background laggy. When i paly games and then minimize that games and open another app on background then too much laggy.. This is my main issue