ACER BM320 Monitor Flickering lines LHS of the screen.

Options
PedroPony
PedroPony Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

Horizontal flickering lines have just started to appear on my Acer BM320. I have a second and third monitor connected and they are fine so I don't believe it's the graphics card. I also swapped the display port cable to a HDMI cable and the issue was still present.

I've attached a video showing the problem and really appreciate it if anyone can advise on if it's something fixable or if the monitor is about to die. For info, I purchased it from new about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 290
    Options

Impact or pressure can cause display damage, leading to lines on the screen. Overheating. Overheating can cause the internal components of the screen to burn out. Loose display connections. Check the Cables Connections. Sometimes a loose connection between the Monitor and CPU also results in screen flickering.

Here are few solutions that you can try to fix flickering issue:-

1. Check Your Monitor and Cables:

First thing to check is connections. Check all the cable connections from the monitor to the computer, take them out and plug them back in to ensure the cables are secure.

Cables can degrade over time, or maybe damaged. Either way, switch the cable and see if it stops screen flickering.
    If you can, try a different monitor. If this resolves the problem, you know it's your monitor that's the issue. At that point, contact the manufacturer for support or to raise a warranty claim.

1. Reset Your Display Driver

You might have an old driver or a faulty new one. Let's make sure you are running the right version for your system.

Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    Select Update & Security > Recovery.
    Underneath Advanced start-up, click Restart now.
    When your system restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings > Restart.
    Again, once restarted, select option five to launch your PC into Safe Mode with Networking.

Next, use Device Manager to uninstall the display driver:

Press Windows key + X and click Device Manager.
    Double-click on Display adaptors to expand the category.
    Right-click your graphics card, click Uninstall device, check Delete the driver software for this device and then click OK.
    Restart your system again.

1. Disable Windows Desktop Manager

Desktop Window Manager is an all-encompassing window manager that makes all of those appealing transparent windows, live taskbar thumbnails and high-resolution monitor support features possible.

There is a chance that the window manager’s processes are responsible for your laptop screen flickering.

To disable Desktop Window Manager follow these steps:

Step 1. Access the Power User menu by right-clicking the Windows taskbar icon.

Step 2. Select “Run.”

Step 3. Type “services.msc” into the Run dialog box.

Step 4. Locate “Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.”

Step 5. Right-click on it and select “Stop.”

Step 6. Right click “Desktop Window Manager Session Manager” again

Step 7. Select “Properties.”

Step 8. Under the “General” tab, modify the start-up type to “Disabled.”

Step 9. Press “OK.”

Thanks.

• PedroPony
    PedroPony Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I pretty much tried checking all of the connections etc. I also discovered that the issue persists even if I disconnect everything except power. I thought at one point I had resolved the issue after multiple swap outs of cables and disconnects etc but as soon as I reconnected everything back up the issue returned. Another thing I've noticed is that things seem to improve after the monitor has been on for a while to the point where it's barely noticeable. Time for a new monitor I guess!

@Axxo Many thanks for taking the time to put together such a comprehensive reply - Really appreciated(: