Battery performance is not good on Acer Nitro N515_58

Options
Kamen_2013
Kamen_2013 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited May 1 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, my laptop is less than a month old and the battery performance is not the best as I expected. I know that when you are playing a game the battery is not holding long but I read that when you are using the laptop only for work the battery should last at least 4-5 hours. I left the laptop working yesterday without using it and the battery dropped from 80 to 45 percent for an hour and a half is that normal or I am just imagining things?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    Options

No, that is not normal, 35% battery drainage in 90 minutes is either incorrect (wrong battery stats), a bad refurbished battery or the dGPU is running at >50%, also 3rd-party programs may be updating or backing your data to cloud at 6G Wi-Fi speed, if brightness is set to 100% and you have a QHD (2560 x 1440), 165 Hz, IPS panel that also consumes a lot. Run a battery report tomorrow and check the drainage profiles for today if you see that kind of drainage. There is a possibility the battery capacity was never properly registered by BIOS and Windows, that will also show in the battery report (cycle count: blank). You need to keep the power adapter plugged-in 24/7 to keep the battery fully charged. Are you using the 180-Watt power adapter or a USB-C charger? Although you just got the laptop it was already launched in Q1 2022 so the battery could be 2 years old or more if a cheap battery was installed, the battery report should give you an idea.

• Kamen_2013

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, I am using the 180-Watt power adapter that comes with the laptop. I will run the battery report tomorrow to see the drainage profiles and I will let you know. What are the chances for the battery to be refurbished I have bought the laptop from a retail store and everything is supposed to be brand new. The sticker of the box was cut when I received it and they told me that it came like this originally because the windows was not installed. Is there a way to see with the S/N if everything is new or if some of the parts were replaced?

• Kamen_2013

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, I just did the battery report, and as you can see the battery has drowned with 35 percent within an hour with only Google Chrome working and nothing too powerful to drain it that much. All the battery save options are on and still, it managed to drain it. What I can do in this situation?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    Options

There is nothing you can check without opening the laptop and examine stickers on the components inside, like the battery. I recommend you return it to the retailer as you have 15 days to return your laptop (Acer return policy) and demand a new unit or at least a new battery. Keep in mind that there may be a short on the motherboard and that should be checked too. I believe you have a dud battery, either one cell died, you are not showing the full report with the colored draining graphs, or a refurbished cheap Chinese battery was installed. I have never seen this happen to a new battery unless a heavy game was being played online without the adapter/charger with the dGPU on full blast, Turbo Boost and ultimate-high performance plan, but with Windows11 23H2 Modern Standby that is difficult to do.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello! Can you check battery wear with hwinfo64 program?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)