Acer Swift SF314-43 Microphone drivers for LINUX --- Debian 14.5 microphone not working

Options
juanjo197
juanjo197 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 30 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a computer Acer Swift SF314-43. I have installed Debian and the microphone is not working. I've bought it in Italy and Acer website provides the drivers only for windows, on the phone they told me that they don't provide drivers for other OS.
The internal microphone doesn't work at all and also when I connect headphones through bluetooth, the microphone is not there… HELP!!

Has anybody used Linux with this computer and managed to make the microphone works??
Does anybody knows if there's a compatibility issue with this computer in particular??
Has anybody found drivers to solve this problem??

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

LinuxMint 21.3 works fine on that model. Try this. Press Ctrl+Alt+T. Enter 'killall pulseaudio'. Return to the desktop. Try mic again.

Jack E/NJ

• juanjo197
    juanjo197 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It didn't work. I don't have Mint 21.3, I've installed Debian 14.5 but so far I've tried three things and didn't succeed. I thought it should be easier… I'll give it another try before abandoning Debian.
    (microphone doesn't work, fingerprint recognition doesn't work, tried installing Stremio and I didn't succeed)

Mint is based on Debian so it should also work directly with Debian, right???

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes. Mint 21.3 Cinnamon is based on both debian & ubuntu. But device detection during installation is more polished than either of the generic installs. I also find that users on the Mint forums are also quite a bit more focused on practical GUI solutions with minimal reliance on the SUDO command line.

Jack E/NJ