Tried to connect 100W charger to c connector (thunderbolt4) can't see anything in helios 16 phn16-72

Options
Helios_Neo
Helios_Neo Member Posts: 5 New User
edited April 30 in Predator Laptops

I recently bought predator helios neo 16 (phn16-72).

Then install win11, when i tried connect 100W charger to c connector(thunderbolt4)

i can't see anything, system show me it's just slow charging.

In thunderbolt control center show nothing and in device manager i can't find USB4(TM) devices like below

Of cource, i updated all system and driver.

Even reinstall thunderbolt driver and utility.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited April 30
    Options

The Predator PHN16-72 laptop that you have has an oem 1.7mm diameter x 5,5mm long barrel plug type adapter charger plug from Acer that is a type 330W High power 5.5PHY (1.7x5.5x11) Brick 19.5V/16.9A Black (see captions below) which if you substitute with a 100W USB-C adapter will not be adequate to charge this high end gaming laptop and will only trickle charge your laptop for emergency charging and will not work together with the laptop being on like the oem Acer charger does. That is why its on a slow charge. There is no USB-C charger adapter that will work like the oem PHN16-72 oem Acer adapter for your laptop, so only use the oem Acer 330W High power 5.5PHY (1.7x5.5x11) Brick 19.5V/16.9A for your laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    Options

You need a special 100-Watt laptop USB-C charger with a thick USB-C cord that gamers use like this one: https://rog.asus.com/power-protection-gadgets/chargers-and-adapters/rog-100w-usb-c-adapter-model/ available at Amazon.

• Helios_Neo
    Helios_Neo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Yes, I am aware that a 100W charger may result in slow charging, but my main issue is that I can't see USB4 in my device manager, and even when I connect to the USB-C port (Thunderbolt 4 as specified in the specifications), I don't see anything connected in the Thunderbolt Control Center.