Aspire 5 laptop restart took 3-5 minutes but startup+shutdown quick as usual

Options
vanillamilk
vanillamilk Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited April 29 in Aspire Laptops

aspire 5 user here. first time use the restart is quick but months later when i restart my laptop it loops for 3-5 minutes so i have to forcefully press the power button. uninstalled my antivirus and it only took for 1 minute but the next day it restarts too long again. what should i do pls help i don't want to factory reset it.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,917 Trailblazer
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Only use Windows Defender and Edge browser, uninstall all your 3rd party AV and browsers, if you used the power button to abort a boot job you have corrupted boot files and should run these 2 commands online in the command prompt, opened as administrator: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and after completion this: SFC .scannow that should finish with "….did not find any integrity violations" rerun SFC till you see that. The normal boot time with a NVMe boot drive is max. 30 seconds.

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, get rid of it all, keeping in mind that some of the AV programs don't uninstall properly with Windows so you have to download the uninstaller from the 3rd-party website and careful that you click on the correct options otherwise you will end up with more bloatware on your laptop. Another tip, if you don't have a HDD disable Hibernate and Fast Startup. Open Task Manager-Startup apps tab and disable everything except SecurityHealthSystray.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It would help if you stated what exact Aspire 5 laptop model you have, anyway, if your laptop takes 3-5 min to boot there is some malware that you have instilled on your laptop that makes the laptop loop, uninstall all software that you have put onto your laptop as that is whee the problem is. Best solution is to do a clean install of windows and start allover again fresh as the OS is corrupted and you will always have a problem. Do a clean install of windows and update the ram to the laptop last version and make sure that all windows updated are done. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't use REVO or PC CLEANER and I hate Intel DSA, strictly use Windows for everything and never had a virus or crash, never reinstalled Windows in the past 20 years. You don't need Acer Care Center or AcerSense, but on an Aspire 5 you do need Acer Quick Access for the screen Caps Lock popups. Try Windows Edge you can disable all the Widgets and AI stuff you don't like. I have always 10+ tabs open in Edge and navigate flawlessly between sites and apps, great media, no freezing and that on a slow 10-20 Mbps 4G Wi-Fi server. You may need HWINO and DDU but that's about it. I even use Edge to read and print PDF files and if there is an image format that I don't have a program for I just change the file extension so Windows can open/play it. I have Office Home and Student 2021 for life that was pre-installed on my Asus Oled VivoBook but nothing on my 2023 Acer Swift X, uninstalled the MS 365 trial version and all the other "freebees" from Acer. You can get cheap Office Pro legacy licenses on the web but be wary of pirated product keys.

• Puraw
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Just uninstall MS 365 in "Add or remove programs" it won't affect Office home, 2 different entities one is a yearly online subscriber app while Home is a lifelong license with a product key that you should register in your MS account in case you migrate to another PC or lose the key. Yes, uninstall Acer Care Center but be aware that these programs sometimes leave remnants behind in Services, Task Scheduler and in the Registry. Check in Services if anything with ACCSvc or ACCAgent are still running and check Task Scheduler, disable these services//tasks.

Answers

• Puraw
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Only use Windows Defender and Edge browser, uninstall all your 3rd party AV and browsers, if you used the power button to abort a boot job you have corrupted boot files and should run these 2 commands online in the command prompt, opened as administrator: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and after completion this: SFC .scannow that should finish with "….did not find any integrity violations" rerun SFC till you see that. The normal boot time with a NVMe boot drive is max. 30 seconds.

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

thanks a lottt! gotta appreciate that. i'm using firefox rn so i have to uninstall it? (i still have edge in case my firefox is acting weird)

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, get rid of it all, keeping in mind that some of the AV programs don't uninstall properly with Windows so you have to download the uninstaller from the 3rd-party website and careful that you click on the correct options otherwise you will end up with more bloatware on your laptop. Another tip, if you don't have a HDD disable Hibernate and Fast Startup. Open Task Manager-Startup apps tab and disable everything except SecurityHealthSystray.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It would help if you stated what exact Aspire 5 laptop model you have, anyway, if your laptop takes 3-5 min to boot there is some malware that you have instilled on your laptop that makes the laptop loop, uninstall all software that you have put onto your laptop as that is whee the problem is. Best solution is to do a clean install of windows and start allover again fresh as the OS is corrupted and you will always have a problem. Do a clean install of windows and update the ram to the laptop last version and make sure that all windows updated are done. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

okayyy gotta do it now. thanks for your solution😁

fyi i uninstalled avira (and any other apps) with revo uninstaller. and for the hibernation thing, i think i made a mistake before lol. i hibernate my laptop everytime i go away XD.

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't use REVO or PC CLEANER and I hate Intel DSA, strictly use Windows for everything and never had a virus or crash, never reinstalled Windows in the past 20 years. You don't need Acer Care Center or AcerSense, but on an Aspire 5 you do need Acer Quick Access for the screen Caps Lock popups. Try Windows Edge you can disable all the Widgets and AI stuff you don't like. I have always 10+ tabs open in Edge and navigate flawlessly between sites and apps, great media, no freezing and that on a slow 10-20 Mbps 4G Wi-Fi server. You may need HWINO and DDU but that's about it. I even use Edge to read and print PDF files and if there is an image format that I don't have a program for I just change the file extension so Windows can open/play it. I have Office Home and Student 2021 for life that was pre-installed on my Asus Oled VivoBook but nothing on my 2023 Acer Swift X, uninstalled the MS 365 trial version and all the other "freebees" from Acer. You can get cheap Office Pro legacy licenses on the web but be wary of pirated product keys.

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

well, the problem happened while restarting. booting and shutdown is ok so far as now. anyways thanks for the solution

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

Intel DSA??? whoaaa! r u thinking what i'm thinking? i just uninstalled intel dsa for updating my graphics drivers before i made this question here lol (i promise i won't do that again lol). the widgets and ai? i disabled it from the start since it's kinda frustrating and replaced it with Open-Shell.

and also, one more question: is it safe to uninstall MS 365 and Acer Care Center? i have preactivated Office 2021 Home&Student and i'm afraid it could affect my license. (pics attached below)

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

and some update: after i uninstalled acer care center and firefox it restarted only for seconds!! hope the loop never happens again

• Puraw
    Options

No worries, these are 2 completely different programs, 365 is an online subscription app that works with your e-mail address only (and your credit card, he he) while Office Home is an actual license for life with a product key, you can also activate "New Outlook" in Windows11 works like a charm with Yahoo. You should register your Office Home in your online Microsoft account in case you lose the product key or want to migrate to another PC. The first thing I recommend is uninstalling Acer Care Center as it runs poorly in W11, does not update drivers (conflicts with Windows Update) and uses valuable recourses and internet bandwidth as it runs permanently on the background. If you want to recover OEM Windows you can use the USB Recovery disk made on your laptop. Be aware that these programs don't always uninstall completely, and remnants may "lurk" in the registry and in Task Scheduler to reinstall again or cause issues with the Defender Firewall. Check Windows Services if you see anything that you don't know is running, same with Task Scheduler. Windows registry is more difficult but there are a few keys that you can check and safely delete. Elevenforum is the best resource for that.

• Puraw
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Just uninstall MS 365 in "Add or remove programs" it won't affect Office home, 2 different entities one is a yearly online subscriber app while Home is a lifelong license with a product key that you should register in your MS account in case you migrate to another PC or lose the key. Yes, uninstall Acer Care Center but be aware that these programs sometimes leave remnants behind in Services, Task Scheduler and in the Registry. Check in Services if anything with ACCSvc or ACCAgent are still running and check Task Scheduler, disable these services//tasks.

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

oooh okayy gotta try it. thanks for all your help🤩🙏🏻 hv a good day

• Puraw
    Options

It's evening in the Philippines but a good day to you too.

• vanillamilk

Tinkerer

Options

same thing, Indonesian here✋ and thanks in advance.