What Size Battery Do I Get? I've got an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-53-52A

Options
RussellFS
RussellFS Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited April 27 in Nitro Gaming

I've got an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-53-52A, and I've been having battery problems. When you're running out of power, you get the notification at the bottom right saying you need to plug in soon. For me, my laptop instantly shuts off. No warning. Nothing. It doesn't go into sleep mode. It just shuts off immediately.

I've had this problem before and solved it by replacing the battery pack. You know the drill, turning my laptop around, unscrewing the back and battery, and then screwing the back again. Problem solved. As I'm going through Amazon and selecting the battery for my laptop, it's asking what size. The last one I got was AC14B8K, so the different sizes matter? Or do I get the AC14B8K? Again, this is for an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-53.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RussellFS

The AP18E7M will not fit in the AN515-53. Consider getting AC14B8K instead.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,634 Trailblazer
    Options

Considering your issues I would try a larger battery size like the AP18E7M, 15.4 VDC 3815mAh/57.75wH
    https://www.battery.org.uk/product/Acer/AP18E7M/181838.html

56Wh, 4-cell is listed for your laptop by Laptopmedia.

• RussellFS
    Options

Can I get it off Amazon by selecting the AP18E7M option? With respect, I'm unsure of using the site you gave me. But I'm willing if I have no other choice.

• Puraw
    Options

I found several references for that battery for your laptop model including that UK site and laptopmedia (an authority on laptops) so I am sure it is perfectly safe to use it for your laptop. Avoid the very cheap Chinese clones, you cannot get a new high-quality battery under the $50.

• RussellFS
    Options

Are you sure the AP18E7M is compatible with my laptop? The screw placements look different. Again, this is for an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-53.

• RussellFS
    Options

I want to be completely sure before I start buying.

• Puraw
    Options

Please email the customer service center if you are unsure about the battery screw holes: service@battery.org.uk. I have a Aspire 5 A515-54G laptop without any battery screw holes but the battery has 4 screw holes. The size is what matters, does it fit in the battery bay.

• RussellFS
    Options

Here’s a picture of my battery. Are you sure the AP18E7M will fit? It looks exactly like the one Amazon is selling.

• RussellFS
    Options

The battery from the UK shop you sent me looks a lot like the one from Amazon.

• Puraw
    Options

Hi, If you want to debate a topic better put @Puraw at the top or click on Quote when you reply so I get an alert, You asked originally for the proper battery size for your laptop that I advised, now you are asking about Amazon vs. the UK pictures, as I mentioned above don't buy a new laptop battery below $50, they don't exist, these are refurbished cheap Chinese batteries that last about 1 year, as you already experienced. 😉

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@RussellFS

The battery models for your AN515-53 are AC14B7K and AC14B8K.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • RussellFS
    Options

I apologize. I just want the proper battery. That's all. Do I go for the AP18E7M or another AC14B8K for my Acer Nitro 5, AN515-53? That's all I'm asking.

• RussellFS
    Options

Thank you. That's all I was asking for.

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RussellFS

The AP18E7M will not fit in the AN515-53. Consider getting AC14B8K instead.