Why does my Predator 16 (PH16-71) keep crashing

Options
Peaches22
Peaches22 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 27 in Predator Laptops

I recently bought the PH16-71 with an i7 13700HX and installed 2x 8gb DDR5. I recently upgraded it to 2x 16gb DDR5 4800 Mhz, made sure all windows, microsoft store, and drivers are updated but I am still continuously crashing when trying to play Helldivers 2. the game only utilizes about 7gb of memory and I am not even at 50% of RAM utilized. I have preferred graphics set to high performance NVIDIA GPU instead of optimus but it does not look like i can undervolt the CPU. any thoughts?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,633 Trailblazer
    Options

This is what is recommended by ACER for your laptop with the Itel i7 CPU, so what you installed should work. Avoid modules with XMP profile like Corsair Vengeance. Did you reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and saved changes when exit BIOS?

Crucial recommends this kit: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr5/ct2k16g48c40s5/ct24830388?_gl=1*1nrv3dd*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTg1MTY3OTI1MS4xNzE0MTcyMDY1*_ga_6H4RYWV7QY*MTcxNDE3MjA2NC4xLjAuMTcxNDE3MjA2NC4wLjAuMTEzNTEyMDgyOA..

• Peaches22
    Peaches22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 26
    Options

The only thing I changed in BIOS was the preferred graphics display set to NVIDIA instead of optimus or auto. Other than that, I do have that exact Crucial DDR5 kit in my computer right now. it came with 2x8gb Samsung but i put in 2x16gb Crucial DDR5-4800 about a week ago @Puraw

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Make sure that you install all Win-11 OS updates and make sure that you install the Intel Drive and support Assistant software so that you have all the latest Intel drivers also installed on your laptop.

Also, go to NVidia Control Panel and at Program Settings > Select a program to customise > Select the preferred graphics processor for this program > High-performance NVIDIA processor > Specify the
    setting for the program is the final settings if you have specific settings for gaming and any special settings that a high-end software require. Its also helpful to run these high end gaming laptop with their
    max ram capacity of 32GB at 2x 16GB DDR5-4800MHz type ram.

Note: setting all the appropriate and your high demanding software to only use the RTX4070 gpu with their appropriate settings in the NVidia Control Panel will reduce lag and freezing of your laptop greatly.