Acer Chromebook wouldn’t turn on

Options
jsandgirl
jsandgirl Member Posts: 3 New User

What is the issue & what would have caused it?

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

If you have any devices plugged into your Chromebook's USB ports, remove them and try starting your computer. For example, if you have a USB drive inserted, eject it and then try again. Do a hard restart. If your device turns on but the screen stays black, hold down the Refresh key + Power to restart your Chromebook.

• jsandgirl
    Options

can you see the attached picture of the issue?

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Yes, seems that there is a component on the motherboard that has burned and has char next to it. I suggest you to take it to a repair store to fix it.

• jsandgirl
    Options

yes it is school issued & they are saying my daughter caused this. It was in a case and she takes very good care of her stuff.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

It's always possible your daughter caused it, but not too likely unless she actually opened it up in order to short that out. We need to know which Chromebook model that is before trying to get any farther into diagnostics. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. That daughter card is likely providing USB ports to that side of the machine and has obviously had too much current through it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.