Veriton X4650G BIOS updated, boot Guard failed.

Options
Jared0213
Jared0213 Member Posts: 3 New User

I had Veriton X4650G BIOS version R01-A4, I wanted to deploy system through LAN but the computer can't load the system from LAN, Other computer can do it so I searched the Internet and someone suggested to update BIOS. And then I downloaded the Version R01-B1, run afuwinx64.exe r01-b1.8m from Win 10 DOS command, everything looks good but after I rebooted the machine it shows the error boot Guard failed system will shutdown and then it turned off. Every time it started and go there, can't load BIOS even I press F10 or F12 or some other hot keys. How can I recover the old BIOS version? The computer is out of warranty so the hotline didn't support me. I also removed CMOS battery and pugged in a few mins later didn't work.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you download the BIOS file from Acer's support site? If so the BIOS itself is likely good. If you downloaded it from somewhere else that might not be the case. Can you get into the BIOS menu? If so try setting everything to factory defaults (F9) then save and exit (F10).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jared0213
    Options

I did download BIOS from official Acer site but I could be wrong running it, it didn't complete or finish all before I rebooted the machine and now I need to get into the recovery mode or set to factory default.. the problem is I can't go to BIOS menu every time I tried pressing Del key when Acer logo pops up and it loaded error message boot Guard verified fail.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately it sounds like the BIOS upgrade failed before completing, which means it will have to be reflashed. That is going to take a technician with the right tools, but shouldn't be too expensive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jared0213
    Options

Thanks a lot, anyway it's helpful.