Swift X 16: SFX16-61G Keyboard shortcut not working

Options
magic_man
magic_man Member Posts: 4 New User

If there is a line of text that I want to select, and my cursor is currently at the start of the line, I usually hit Shift + End and that will select everything between my cursor and the end of the line.

This doesn't work in on my Swift X 16 keyboard (it works perfectly on my external keyboard, so it's not a Windows issue).

I likewise have the same issue going the other way, i.e. when the cursor is at the end of the line, and I hit Shift + Home.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, the num lock should be near the upper right of the keyboard:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• magic_man
    Options

Why does the keyboard for the Swift X 16 have two buttons for printscreen?? I already believe that having a button at all is unnecessary - the keyboard shortcut is as commonly used as CTRL + C.

Surely the limited space on the laptop's keyboard could be used more productively!

• billsey
    Options

Which Swift X 16 model do you have? There have been several over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFX16-xxx-xxxx. Which language keyboard do you have? There are more than 30 of them IIRC. Shift+End should work as you expect, but End itself might be something like Fn-End.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Options

Keyboard layouts are determined by the language supported. My US/International keyboard layout only has one prtsc key. Ctrl-C is usually Copy to Clipboard…

• magic_man
    Options
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, the num lock should be near the upper right of the keyboard:

• magic_man
    Options

Yes, that's correct. That's the correct keyboard. Now what, please?