I cant type anymore on my Acer swift go 14.. doesnt allow me to power off the device using KB.

Options
heyyovroom
heyyovroom Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited April 24 in Swift and Spin Series

Acer swift go 14

i was using an online typing test just now when suddenly In the middle I cant type on the keyboard already. the touchpad was still working but is just that I cant type. i restarted the laptop but is didn't on. there's a blue light at the side of the laptop, and I cant power off or on it using the keyboard too as it was hanged. I connected it with a charger but the screen didn't show anything too. what should I do to on the laptop and why is this happening? I just bought the laptop like 2-3 weeks ago?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,537 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer will accept returns within 15 days of delivery so that has passed. To check if this is hardware or a driver issue try to connect a USB external KB or OSK, if the keyboard works (Fn keys) in BIOS that could indicate a software problem.
    I recommend bringing the Swift to Acer Services in your country to check the keyboard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Wow, I can't imagine what an online typing test could do that would hose your keyboard… Try plugging in an external USB keyboard to see if that works. If it also fails then the issue is likely software rather than hardware. If the external works fine then your best next step is likely to contact Acer to start a warranty ticket. Keyboards are a really rare failure point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.