Nitro 17.3" QHD (AN17-51-70CB) fan noise with office applications

Options
moriys
moriys Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 24 in Nitro Gaming

I have a question about fan noise on a Nitro 17.3" QHD (AN17-51-70CB). I have never used a gaming PC so I can't imagine what the fan noise is like. Does it run as quiet as a regular laptop when running office applications?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your Nitro AN17-51 should run very quiet with the office software applications, it should run to a level of the fans not being able to be heard at all, as the laptop with the office software applications should 99% of times only be using the integrated cpu graphics of your laptop and have the Nitro Sense software controlling the cpu and gpu fan speeds also if the temps get really hot.

The best setting for any of the Nitro Sense software's (as there are a few different ones with the Nitro range) is to set the Fan Control > Auto and Power Plan > Balanced and CoolBoost > On as these settings increase the fan speeds to the temps that your laptop cpu and gpu get to and increase according to temps' values. The below tables are from your Nitro AN17-51 lapotps service guide and to what Acer tested your cpu and gpu to and what temps and the fan speed dBa noise level run at, and that is in quite mode or performance mode. Good luck and hope this explains it you better.

These are the Nitro AN17-51 cpu and gpu temp to fan speeds and dBa noise levees for different speeds tested by Acer:

Quite Mode

Performance Mode

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your Nitro AN17-51 should run very quiet with the office software applications, it should run to a level of the fans not being able to be heard at all, as the laptop with the office software applications should 99% of times only be using the integrated cpu graphics of your laptop and have the Nitro Sense software controlling the cpu and gpu fan speeds also if the temps get really hot.

The best setting for any of the Nitro Sense software's (as there are a few different ones with the Nitro range) is to set the Fan Control > Auto and Power Plan > Balanced and CoolBoost > On as these settings increase the fan speeds to the temps that your laptop cpu and gpu get to and increase according to temps' values. The below tables are from your Nitro AN17-51 lapotps service guide and to what Acer tested your cpu and gpu to and what temps and the fan speed dBa noise level run at, and that is in quite mode or performance mode. Good luck and hope this explains it you better.

These are the Nitro AN17-51 cpu and gpu temp to fan speeds and dBa noise levees for different speeds tested by Acer:

Quite Mode

Performance Mode

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• moriys
    moriys Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I understand very well.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    I will purchase it as soon as possible.