Who'll fit SF314-52-32L5 motherboard

Options
Getawaydriver
Getawaydriver Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 24 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi, I'm in Cheshire UK andbeen told by Currys PC World that

my pc requires a new motherboard, any recommendations who to do it?

[Edited the thread to add model name and to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,537 Trailblazer
    Options

If your swift 3 is still under the 2-year Acer warranty, contact Acer Services in the UK to replace the motherboard: https://uk.answers.acer.com/euf/assets/contactus/contact.htm if it is no longer under warranty or got damaged by wrongful operation/handling not covered by the warranty policy you may reconsider replacing the MOBO as the cost would exceed the value of the laptop, but better let Acer Services advise you on this and send/bring the unit to an Acer service point near you (see above link).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Any good technician can replace a motherboard. There are some additional steps needed though in order to get your Windows licensed. What's wrong with your system, and which Swift 3 model is it? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Getawaydriver
    Getawaydriver Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It was standard 1 yr guarantee and if failed at 14 months but neither Costco or Acer wanted to know. The model number is on the label SF314-52-32L5 and machine looks brand new.

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited May 2
    Options

When I bought my last laptop from Costco they added a year to the standard one year warranty, and added another year if I bought it with the Costco Visa card. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't being offered any longer though. In the US the standard warranty is one year, not two years like it is in some other countries. What isn't working?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,804 Pathfinder
    Options

@Getawaydriver

You can look up a technician that specializes in motherboard repair.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!