A515-45 HDD upgrade kit for model number is N18Q13

Options
gjberger
gjberger Member Posts: 7 New User
edited April 24 in Aspire Laptops

I got an upgrade kit with my new laptop. I downloaded the instructions and opened my laptop, then stopped. The upgrade kit looks nothing like the one in the instructions. The inside of my laptop looks nothing like the one in the instructions. What am I missing.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,532 Trailblazer
    Options

Whatever you do, DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST! What is your full laptop model?
    Post some pictures of the situation: the HDD kit and the HDD bay inside your laptop. Manuals are generic and may not exactly reflect the model that you have.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your laptops model number, like if its a Nitro gamin g laptop its a model AN515-xX-XXXX etc as the only HDD kit supplied by Acer is a SATA 2.5" kit which consists of a SATA cable and bracket and screws, So let us know so we can give you a more exact intallation guide.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• gjberger
    Options

model number is N18Q13; SKU number is A515-45. Again, the tutorial did not match the interior of my laptop or the part to be installed by me.

• StevenGen
    Options

This is the SATA kit for the 2.5" HDD or SSD that you should have for your Aspire A515-45 laptop provided by Acer (thisis NOT provided in all countries) so if you didn't have this kit provided in your laptop box then your country didn't have this option

The kit should have the following components provided:

4x Bracket to HDD securing screws

4 x Bracket to laptop base securing screws

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen
    Options

This is how your laptop should look and is how the 2.5" HDD or SSD is installed as per SG of the Aspire A515-45. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• gjberger
    Options

The parts I got with the new laptop look nothing like the module in the photos. The insides of my laptop look considerably different than the photos. Sorry. I'll pass on trying to mess with the innards of my laptop.

• gjberger
    Options

Ok, I think I did get the proper parts. But my hard disk drive is embedded so tightly in my laptop I don't dare try to unplug and unscrew it. I don't want to break this great machine. I'll pass on the upgrade.

• Quikchangethechannel
    Quikchangethechannel Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited April 24
    Options

Does it look like a thin RAM module with pins and 1 end? If so, take a look at the existing module, is it called Intel Optane? Because removing that and replacing with a regular drive is a pain. It means reinstalling windows and maybe messing with the BIOS. But I've done it. Also, yes, the screw is a bit tight, but make absolutely sure you have the EXACT size screwdriver ( size 2 or 3 precision type, as you can see I've rounded mine a bit) and don't be afraid to push down a bit hard, it screws into metal.

• Quikchangethechannel
    Quikchangethechannel Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

P.S. Forget what I said about Intel Optane, yours doesn't have it. Just swap and install Windows from a USB stick.

• gjberger
    Options

Thanks for all that info. I see the process is far above my pay grade. I do not want to destroy this lovely machine. I don't want to risk removing and reinstalling anything integral to the machine or to Windows. I'm not sure I have the right tools to do this even it I thought I could.