Problem with charging Acer Swift Edge 16. computer independently enters the battery calibration

Options
AndreyS
AndreyS Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 23 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi all. This is my first time using Acer products. I bought Acer Swift Edge 16. I really like it. But I have a problem with one of them. Some time ago I used the Care Center utility to calibrate the battery. She completed her work. But after this, several times I notice that the computer again independently enters the battery calibration mode without my consent. This happens the moment I unplug the charger. Afterwards, a system signal sounds and both indicators begin to flash. When you connect the charger, nothing happens until the computer is completely drained. Then the battery begins to charge normally. I don't understand how to turn this off.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

You can just remove Acer Care Center as a blunt instrument to fix that. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AndreyS
    edited April 23
    Options

Of course I did it. But the battery calibration continued…(
    I don't know how to stop this.

• AndreyS
    Options

Apparently the laptop needs to be repaired. And now I understand that it is almost impossible to get repairs under the International Traveler's Guarantee. It's a shame that the company that creates such good laptops organized the service so poorly.😒

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

The international warranties are usually good, but some locales can have worse processes than others. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.