Swift Go 14 laptop: Couple of questions my laptop there was NO charge at all - is this normal?

Options
Magoosh
Magoosh Member Posts: 9 New User
edited April 23 in Swift and Spin Series

Couple questions, please…

1. I've ordered Swift Go 14 with Intel Core i7. I got my laptop delivered now and I see that the processor is Intel Evo i7. However, when I was browsing laptops the other day on the Acer site it showed me the model with Intel Core i7 which I've ordered based on the specs.
  2. I thought there will be some charge but when I tried to turn on my laptop there was NO charge at all - is this normal? (I heard that there should be some charge in the new laptops - li-ion battery doesn't like to be fully empty).

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

EVO is just a trading gimmick, has no significance, just ignore, no worries about the battery, shut down the laptop, close the lid and plug in the USB-C charger. Charge till the amber battery LED turns blue and wait an extra 10 minutes (should not take more than 1 hour). Boot to Windows and verify that the Battery meter on the task bar reads 100%. Uninstall Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and "Change settings currently unavailable". Reset your Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan" and unplug the USB-C charger. Work all day on battery till the system shuts down by itself, don't shut down manually. You won't loose data. Close the lid and plug in the charger, charge again till the LED turns blue and wait an extra 10 minutes. This procedure is called a Full Charge Cycle, required only once for a new battery or after reinstalling Windows.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

1. Yes Intel evo is just the edition name and a marketing gimmick like @Puraw said.
    2. Yes, you have a i7 ultra 155h CPU in your model, it has a good temperature tolerance, it can withstand up to 110 degrees.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

EVO is just a trading gimmick, has no significance, just ignore, no worries about the battery, shut down the laptop, close the lid and plug in the USB-C charger. Charge till the amber battery LED turns blue and wait an extra 10 minutes (should not take more than 1 hour). Boot to Windows and verify that the Battery meter on the task bar reads 100%. Uninstall Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and "Change settings currently unavailable". Reset your Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan" and unplug the USB-C charger. Work all day on battery till the system shuts down by itself, don't shut down manually. You won't loose data. Close the lid and plug in the charger, charge again till the LED turns blue and wait an extra 10 minutes. This procedure is called a Full Charge Cycle, required only once for a new battery or after reinstalling Windows.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

1. Yes Intel evo is just the edition name and a marketing gimmick like @Puraw said.
    2. Yes, you have a i7 ultra 155h CPU in your model, it has a good temperature tolerance, it can withstand up to 110 degrees.