Predator X5 - Automatic restart after a power outage

Options
alice07
alice07 Member Posts: 2 New User

Is it possible to set the router to automatically restart after a power outage?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Apparently not, based on what other users has said.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

The power draw is small enough (~25watts) that you should be able to use a relatively inexpensive UPS for 1-2 hour outages.

Jack E/NJ

• chriss112
    chriss112 Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Yes, it is possible to set up many routers to automatically restart after a power outage. Some routers have this feature built-in, allowing you to schedule automatic reboots at specific times or in response to certain events like a power loss. Check your router's settings or user manual to see if this option is available. If not, you may need to use external devices like smart plugs or power timers to achieve automatic restarts. Alternatively, you can explore third-party firmware options that offer more advanced features, including automatic reboot capabilities.

• alice07
    alice07 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@ https://community.acer.com/en/profile/chriss112

The first two options have been explored, maybe the third, even if I would not be sure to install third party firmware on the main router…

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

That account is likely a bot, using AI to fill in 'answers' that don't always fit well.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

In the event of a power outage, this router is not power on automatically like other devices on the market. This router must be powered on by pressing the physical button on the router.