New Nitro 16 with backlight bleeding, Acer Support not helping with warranty

Options
Furu
Furu Member Posts: 3 New User

On March 26th, I purchased the Acer Nitro 16 Notebook, and since I bought it until now, it has been experiencing screen issues.

I contacted with Acer technical support and they said the warranty for my device "does not cover minor defects in screens that occur in products equipped with LCD technology" (why? where is my warranty?)

I've seen many comments from people with exactly the same issue with the Nitro 5.

I would like to know, is there any solution? Acer support doesn't seem to provide me with any.

I'll leave a photo of how it looks now with a black background. The camera exaggerates the brightness a bit, but it's still almost the same as in the photo.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

Please post phone photo of full screen black.jpg file with camera lens pointed more perpendicular to exact center of screen at ~15 inches away .

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@Furu

This is a common issue for the IPS display to have the backlight bleeding. Most laptops with this display suffer from this issue and are usually not covered under the warranty.

You can continue use the laptop for few more months to see if this goes away.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Furu
    Furu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Seems exactly like this, is there a solution for this?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

> > On March 26th, I purchased the Acer Nitro 16 Notebook> >

That appears normal at 100% brightness. However, if you still find this unacceptable, I suggest that you try to return the laptop to the vendor as not meeting your needs for a refund or exchange on another brand/model. This should be done before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period ends, usually only a few weeks. After that, warranty service would probably only apply if the bleeding noticeably increased during the warranty period.

Jack E/NJ