Acer Spin 3 Active SP313-51N some part is missing, can anyone recognize it?

Options
leozan
leozan Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys, I'm wondering if the minor part is missing from my notebook today. And I so lately realized that. Here is the picture I take.

that component makes the monitor higher when the lid is opened. it's like rubber maybe? In essence, it functions as a holder on the monitor screen. In the second picture is the part that missing.

Yes, in general, it's supposed to have 2 pieces in left corner and right corner. For now, I only have one piece in the right corner. First, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so it bothers me. Second, when I'm trying to open the lid. I feel like the bottom left corner of my monitor is slightly lower than the right because it doesn't have support. So it's not symmetrical. Can this have an impact in the future on the monitor screen hinge? This is not very visible if we don't pay attention to it in detail.

Can I repair it in the Acer Service Center? What's the name of that part? I'm trying to look at that part in the e-commerce but I can't find it.

My laptop has never fallen, I'm confused as to why such a small object could just fall off. My laptop is almost 3 years old.

I want to apologize if my question lacks of weight🙏 i hope someone can help me to figure it out

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,784 Pathfinder
    edited April 17
    Options

@leozan

Yes, it seems that one side its missing.

send it to Acer Service Center.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/languages

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Those little pieces of rubber sometimes just get pulled away and fall out. Acer doesn't sell them separately from the case itself though. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • leozan
    leozan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

@Jack22, yeah I want to go there but I don't have time for now. thank you!

@billsey, yeah for me it's annoying. I didn't notice that. So what do you think about it? Have you lost them too?

I'm just worried that it will affect the laptop hinge in the future. Or is there anyone who has had this experience for much longer than me and hasn't felt any impact?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I have had those little rubber pieces fall off on other models. If they leave the laptop a bit wobbly (some don't), I have used a dollop of silicone sealant to rebuild them. It's not as pretty as the original but does work. Just use a bit of Teflon plumber's tape on your work surface, lay a thin bead down on the groove, then set the laptop flat on the work surface so the bead sits on the tape. That keeps it from sticking while the silicone sets.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.