Predator Helios 300 Dead Display and it seems stopped working completely.

Options
lsdigiti
lsdigiti Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 17 in Predator Laptops

Hi,

The display of my Predator Helios 300 suddenly faded into black and now it seems stopped working completely.

The fade was uneven, and within 20 second the entire display became black. After reboot and reinstalling the latest driver, the "integrated monitor" is shown in the device manager, however there are no displays to discover when I try to find it in the settings.

Not the best timing when I am supposed to work.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Any advice?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,469 Trailblazer
    Options

Find an external monitor and check if this is your screen or a driver issue.

• lsdigiti
    Options

Do you mean revert back to the previous driver and if I still have the same issue then it is the screen?

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options

try using external screen with HDMI cable, Make sure the device is powered on then press Windows + P > use the down arrow once and hit enter. if you are able to see the display on external screen, then the issue is related display. However, we can try some steps to confirm that..

do share us the result to continue further.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • lsdigiti
    Options

I can use external screens just fine as before, that hasn't been affected by this sudden anomaly. However, the main screen has an inactive status and I can't find anything to change this. Also, device manager shows everything as normal.

• lsdigiti
    Options

Update: after uninstalling the Intel VGA driver, the screen disappeared and I can't get it back. Like there isn't any at all. Also, entering the BIOS made no difference, the screen remains black.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options

Try this, and make sure the device is connected to charger.. still if the device does not show anything, then probably the issue is related to graphics card or ram. try re-seating the RAM first and check.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer