Ryzen processor clock speed drop from base speed 3.20Ghz to 0.38Ghz in Nitro 5 AN515-45

Options
SaadAnsari23
SaadAnsari23 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 19 in Nitro Gaming

Hey everyone,
"I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 laptop with a Ryzen 7 5800H processor and an RTX 3060 GPU. Recently, I have been experiencing a problem where the CPU speed drops from 3.20GHz to 0.38GHz when I start playing games. I have tried checking the power plan as recommended in many YouTube videos, but it did not work. This issue has made it difficult for me to perform heavy tasks on my gaming laptop, and I am unsure why it started."

I attached the task manager image below before and after gaming.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

> >CPU speed drops from 3.20GHz to 0.38GHz when I start playing games> >

Please post a screenshot of NitroSense app displaying the GPU & CPU fan speed and temperatures when this speed drop happens.

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@SaadAnsari23

Upon looking up the task manager, I see that the Nvidia GPU is 92C which is a dangerous temperature range for the GPU. Consider taking the laptop apart and replacing the thermal paste, or let a PC repair shop do this for you.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

Please post a screenshot of NitroSense app displaying the GPU & CPU fan speed and temperatures when this speed drop happens.

Jack E/NJ