TravelMate P216-51-TCO Fingerprint don't recognize by Windows hello

Options
GEOPOWER
GEOPOWER Member Posts: 4 New User

TravelMate P216-51-TCO Fingerprint doesn't recognize by Windows hello.Fingerprint reader not recognized by Windows Hello. Windows 11 operating system. Acer Portugal doesn't even know the driver for this laptop's fingerprint reader. A shame about customer service. First time I buy an Acer. Bad experience.

Can anyone help?

Answers

• GEOPOWER
    Options

this is the message:

Can anyone help,please?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Show us a picture of Device Manager with Biometric Devices expanded. Your fingerprint sensor should be there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GEOPOWER
    edited April 17
    Options

Thank's you for your answer Billsey.

That's one problem.

Device Manager don't have a Biometric Devices item:

But this Travelmate model have a Fingerprint device.

I downloaded driver from the Acer webpage.

• billsey
    Options

OK, that USB device with the error shown is likely the fingerprint sensor. Bring up Properties; Details and show us the hardware IDs for it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@GEOPOWER

Try to uninstall that error driver.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/TravelMate_P216-51

Here is the support site for your model to get the drivers from.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    Options

OK, that shows that the data coming from the device is being garbled in some way, so the system can't understand it. That could be an error in the underlying drivers for the USB ports or a hardware issue with the device itself. It's easy to do as @AnhEZ28 suggests and it shouldn't cause any harm, but I doubt it will work, since the fingerprint drivers aren't being loaded. Look under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager and remove the Root Hubs and eXtensible Host Controllers. Then reboot to force a reinstall of those. If the issue is with software it might clear things up.